Sunday, February 11, 2007

brightblue is not my favourite color

Eric and I are sitting on Leah and Sam's little figeroo while they sit on Sam's Aunt's clowder of five fine felines. This afternoon I was taking a shower and Figeroo climbed all the way to the top of the shower and tried to walk along the ledge. Our shower is the standard, stand-up in the corner of any sized bathroom kind, with white stripes on plastic that looks like glass. It has maybe an inch at the top. Clearly it was not designed with pets in mind. I do not have pets in mind, though I have other things in mind. I bet that Sam's Aunt's shower was designed with pets in mind. She probably has a bathub with at least several inches around the oustside for the cats to safely walk on.
I do not plan to write anything very unimportant in this blog, I do most of that writing in my 'blog on paper'. I just want to procrastinate as much as possible while maintaining the appearance of typing a paper. Also I miss being listed as a link on sibling blogs.

13 comments:

DJH said...

I don't think elks should be in gangs; gangs make elk drop out of school.

Snoozie said...

One of Dave's nick names for me is Elk Woman. It started off as me saying thank you and him scrambling the sounds of 'you're welcome' into 'elk woman' and now he just calls me that. Strange that you are an elk too. Maybe it has something to do with when we were born...

DJH said...

According to an alternative astrology that I am making up at this moment, people born between January 26th and January 30th have the sign of the Elk. People born between January 31st to February 6th have the sign of the Space Elk. And anyone born at another time of the year has the sign of the dingo.

Gamgee said...

so procrastinations continue to be alive,well, and thriving in certain Hendersons. Sorry for my donation of some of your procrastination genes or at least I will be sorry when I get around to it . I used to have one but lost it ( the round tuit ) somewhere sometime long ago

Dad

Gamgee said...

so procastinations continue to thrive in Kellyville . When I get around to it ( I lost my round tuit several years back ) , then I will confess my share of the blame therefore. Til then Glad to see you 're up and running

Dad

elkly said...

Rox I am glad there is another elk out there,.you are a mixture of sounds and I of letters. both somehow linked to david.
Dave, What would the gender of an elk be if it were pulling a large heavy carcass behind it?
Papa, yes, I am lazy, or intuitive since the class I was not writing a paper for was cancelled he next day due to a fire.

Leah said...

yahoo. elkly has a blog. yahoo. i hope Figo is not driving you crazy yet. i miss him. i also kinda miss Sadie,Phoebe,Phoenix,Rupert, and Rufus, now that Sam &i are back home.

Leah said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah said...

elkly, just so you don't get scared about the deleted comment because of your live journal experience, it was me , oops, sorry, i posted my first comment twice:)

Samuel said...

I was told Elks live in the interstalar space of the World Wide Web. Then I was also told that cats are scared of water wich is DEFINITLY not the case with Figaro(o).

elkly said...

yep- definitely not the case with Figaro, and don't worry we are not actually sitting on him..

DJH said...

Maybe Figaro is a catfish. Check for gills (also a good dating tip).

Snoozie said...

Dave, you shouldn't check for gills till you've been on at least 3 dates. It's bad manners otherwise.