Friday, November 2, 2007

Moomin valley

Wednesday my life was due, I had a presentation and an exam in Political Philosophy, and a finance assignment due. Everything went well, but, apart from watching the Office I have been doing nothing since but lazing around reading Moomin adventures. Tove Jansen is such a brilliant children's writer. She is Finnish and maybe that is why her stories end so well. They are so magical, full of quirky melancholic characters with names like Snufkin, Mymble, and Toft. Snufkin is an adventurer who likes to be alone alot, he doesn't like to tell stories about his adventures because as soon as he tells them he looses the memories and remembers only the stories he's told. My children are going to be raised on Moomin books, to ensure they become dreamers..
Eric has begun French classes that start at 8:30 in the morning, this is a huge schedule change since none of my classes start before noon. So far I'm trying to get up when he does and work in the silence. The closest I've come is writing here and practicing the drums. Oh well, I am happy with that much since it is more that I accomplished before. Maybe I'll start the Spinoza paper a week in advance.

2 comments:

Leah said...

LittleMy is my favourite character in Moominland Midwinter. she is fearless,and tiny and just has fun by herself all the time... when she was in danger on the ice floes breaking up she thought to herself- i hope they don't ruin the adventure by coming to rescue me!!

Snoozie said...

"She is Finnish and maybe that is why her stories end so well."

Brilliant. You make me laugh.

I'll have to read those books one day...