Sunday, April 15, 2007

suoenallecsim

While I am fully aware that it is no longer february, clearly the weather gods here in Montreal were not informed. Tonight I ventured outside to eat birthday cake that Chantal (the cupcake lady) had made for JP's birthday- it was delicious- but in the fifteen minutes it took me to walk to their home the rain turned into fairy flakes, and not the 'wussy', absent-minded kind. What does wussy mean anyways? Fairies are pretty powerful- certainly these ones were because by the time I reached J&J's doorstep they were piled centimetres high- and after playing Cranium (which I almost won by correctly spelling miscellaneous backwards, I walked home through at least three inches of snow.
I miss eric.
"When you know that all is light you are enlightened" that is what the label on my tea bag says- Yogi tea, go figure, I guess Yogi's believe in something like truth with a capital T. I wonder what the characteristics of postmodern Yogi theory might be, though, I suppose when you know the Truth you might not need to keep re-inventing or re-evaluating... but I think that is precisely why absolute Truth is dangerous.
wait- if I am going to write about this I might as well be finishing my essay..

7 comments:

Snoozie said...

You posted! Awesome. That sucks that it's still winter in Montreal. But at least you have friends and Chantel's excellent baking to warm you up.

So where's Eric, that you miss him?

elkly said...

Eric is in Fort St. James- he is doing 'foreman' stuff- and he starts planting in a few days, but I have to finish my exams before I can join him...

elkly said...

hey roxanne- we'll both be in PG around the third/fourth- so we'll have to arrange a visit! Will you be done exams by then?

Snoozie said...

I'll all done now! If you ever need a place to stay, you're welcome here for as many days as you want!!! We have a real guest room this year, with what we're told is the comfiest bed ever made... so you guys won't have to sleep on the air mattress.

I'm excited to see you! Yay!

Didi said...

c'est dommage qu'il neige...mais peut-etre il neigerait pas quand tu est dans 'la bush' au fin du mois.
...you miss eric. I miss you...and who misses the wussy fairy flakes? that's what I want to know...

Leah said...

i DO NOT miss the wussy faery flakes!!! it is finally printemps in Montreal, yahoo!!

Kell, i want to read your essay (s)...

DJH said...

... except we don't get to read your essay.