Tuesday, June 19, 2007

dreaming of hibernation

It is late-mid-June, I am sitting in a truck in the middle of Fort. St. James and it is my first day off in 9 days.
We have been working extra-long days in order to finish up a certain part of our contract for yesterday- so that we can start working even longer days to finish the rest of our contract by July 1st. This leaves me far away from thought that strays from work-eat-sleep
On a brighter note I have been driving quite a bit- which I love. Eric and I had our anniversary a few days ago, our crew is awesome, we plant a whole lotta trees and make a whole lotta money. I guess that is why we are here.
I met a bear, who stole my planting silvy full of trees. There is so much wildlife here! we see bears at least everyday, we've also seen wolverines, foxes, wolves/coyotes, huge birds, many moose(s)-including a baby moose that was cached on our block, and died after its mother didn't come back for three days...very very sad.
I am tired, sore and excited about the break....

2 comments:

Snoozie said...

Hi Kell! Happy Anniversary! Did you do something romantic, like eat beans and sit 'round a fire? Your brother gets into PG on July 1st, and we'll be here for 4-5 days, so give us a call if you're around! I know Dave would love to see you and Eric.

That's so sad about the moose. Poor little guy. Stupid crack mothers.

Take care! Don't wear yourself out too much. Much love, Rox

elkly said...

hey, it looks like we might be coming through PG on the 5th or 6th I will definitely call you guys and hopefully see Dave and you.. but plans here always change, so I'll keep my fingers crossed